Add to favorites
Pain D’Épices Recipe
- 100 grams (3.53 oz) chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon whole anise seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 30 grams (1.06 oz) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon finely-grated orange zest
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350º). Grease and flour one loaf pan 23 × 13 × 7.5 cm (9 x 5.1 x 3 inches).
- In a medium bowl stir together the chickpea flour, baking powder, anise seeds, nutmeg, cinnamon, black pepper, ginger, cloves and salt.
- In another medium bowl whisk together the butter, honey, milk and orange zest. Whisk in the egg and the egg yolk until well combined. Add the dry ingredients in three additions, scraping the sides of the bowl to make sure everything gets mixed in evenly.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface with a straight spatula. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Tip the cake out of the loaf pan and let cool completely before slicing.