Cider-Glazed Stuffed Chicken2015-08-17
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1m
- 1 pkg. (120 g) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider, divided
- 1/4 cup non-hydrogenated margarine, divided
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 apples, peeled, chopped and divided
- 8 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 lb./900 g), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
Heat oven to 350ºF.
Add stuffing mix, 1 cup cider and 1 tbsp. margarine in a microwaveable bowl; cover with waxed paper.
Set microwave on HIGH 5 to 6 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
Fluff with fork. Add celery and half the apples; mix lightly.
Lay the chicken thighs skin-side down in front of you on a clean work surface; spread with stuffing.
Tightly roll up the chicken like a jelly roll. Place, seam sides down in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
Brush chicken with mixture of 1 tbsp melted margarine and paprika.
Bake 50 min. or until chicken is done (170ºF). Transfer chicken to platter; cover to keep warm.
Add 1 tbsp of the remaining margarine in a medium pan under medium-high heat.
Add sugar, remaining cider and apples. Cook for 5 - 6 minutes until it thickens.
Remove from heat, stir in the remaining margarine. And pour over chicken.