Lemon Dill Chicken2015-06-04
- Yield : 4
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 25m
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (1-1 1/4 pounds)
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, or canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped fresh, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
heat 1 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
Add the chicken, parch until it turns brown on both sides.
Remove the chicken from heat and cover with foil.
Reduce the heat to medium. Add the remaining oil to the pan.
Sauté onion and garlic. Stir broth, flour, 1 tbsp dill and lemon juice in a measuring cup and add to pan. Cook while stirring until it thickens.
Return the chicken and any gathered juices to the dish
lessen heat to low and stew until the chicken is cooked through
Remove chicken from heat. season sauce with salt and pepper. Serve